What happens if the conference cannot take place?
If the conference cannot take place due to restrictions related to Covid-19, the prize will result in great online visibility to the winners, a prize object will be sent by post and the winners will be invited to an online celebration and webinar to present their initiatives
Who can participate in the award?
The competition is targeted towards individuals, companies, public or private entities, professional groups, NGOs, civil society organisations, social partners, professionals and researchers.
Participants must live in one of the following countries: 27 Member States of the European Union, UK, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey.
Any further questions
Please write in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who will be invited to Brussels?
An independent jury will determine the two best projects. Representatives of these projects will be invited to Brussels.
Who or what is Job Bridge?
Job Bridge is a 2-year project co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme (Key Action 2 – Strategic Partnerships). Job Bridge aims to enhance the learning dimension of volunteering work through the development of a new approach to promote volunteering as a resource of personal and professional empowerment. The competences developed during the volunteering work will be validated by means of an innovative validation approach – the LEVEL5 system.
Who determines the winners?
From among the submissions received complete and in time, a pre-selection of nominated projects will be submitted to a jury. This independent jury, appointed by Job Bridge partners, will determine the projects that will receive the award. The jury will choose the best projects and decide on the winner.
No appeal is admissible against the jury’s decision.
Who are the organisers of the competition?
• BUPNET GmbH, Gottingen, Germany
• La Ligue De L’enseignement, Paris, France
• CATRO, Sofia, Bulgaria
• Lifelong Learning Platform, Brussels, Belgium
• CCUM, Rome, Italy
• Camara Oficial De Comercio, Industria Y Servicios De Caceres, Caceres, Spain
• Volunteering Matters, London, UK
• blinc eG, Gottingen, Germany
When does the submission period start?
You can submit your project or case study right away.
When will the award ceremony take place?
If the Corona-restrictions allow it, the award ceremony will take place on November 3rd, 2020, in Brussels, Belgium.
When does the submission period end?
All submission must be received by 15th September 2020.
What languages can be used for submission?
Submissions can be made only in English.
What do you have to prepare when submitting your contribution?
Your contribution should deal with innovative ways to promote and evaluate/validate competences acquired in volunteering.
Make sure you submit the following materials:
- Completed submission sheet in English;
- If applicable, attachments, such as photos, films, charts, reports etc.
What do we expect of your contributions?
We are interested in receiving a concrete idea on your learning project or initiative that should:
- Send and/or host volunteers in their organisation;
- Focus on enhancing the learning dimension of volunteering work in Europe;
- Reflect on/consider ways of measuring and documenting volunteers’ development in relation to competences.
The submitted projects will be evaluated by the jury and the selected ones will be awarded in Brussels, on Tuesday 3rd November, 2020 in the framework of the final conference of the European project Job Bridge. The jury decides on the order of the worthy projects.
In case the conference will not take place the prize will not be awarded at a later stage and cannot be redeemed in cash.
What conditions do you accept by submitting a project?
By submitting a project, you accept that Job Bridge is entitled to publish the submitted materials on the Internet or in other media also in modified form, and that your data can be electronically processed and published.
All submissions must be in line with European copyright laws. Short quotes may be used if the source is clearly listed.
Your submissions shall contain no statements, facts, information or quotes which are hurtful to or disparaging of individuals or groups. Your submissions shall contain no statements, facts, information or quotes on the basis of which people can be persecuted due to the colour of their skin, their opinions, nationality, gender, profession or conviction. Your submissions shall not encourage others to commit crimes or violate laws.
What can you win at the competition?
You can win a two-day trip to Brussels, Belgium – all travel, accommodation (1 night) and subsistence costs for one person per winning project will be covered by the Job Bridge project.
The two days include:
- Get-together with European partners and award winners during the conference;
- Presentation of award winning projects during the conference on Tuesday 3rd November, 2020 with an international audience;
- Participation in the Job Bridge conference incl. insights in the Job Bridge approach for promoting volunteering as a resource of personal and professional empowerment;
- Presentation of all award winners on the Job Bridge website and in the Job Bridge newsletter that will be published in November 2020.
If the conference cannot take place due to restrictions related to Covid-19, this prize will not be awarded. The prize will neither be consumed at a later point in time nor redeemed in cash.
How do you submit?
On-going or completed case studies, initiatives or projects can enter the competition. You are invited to upload your contribution here, in English.
The six steps to Brussels*:
- Read the info on this page
- Click on submit to land on the submission page
- Fill in sheet (you can prepare your entry by means of the doc-file: Form_Preview)
- If applicable, upload additional file that illustrates your project or case study
- Maybe win?
*Please note that due to current restrictions we cannot guarantee that the trip can actually take place. We will inform you of any changes in due course. No claim to the trip exists!
How do you know you’ve won?
We will get in touch with the contact persons of the pre-selected projects by October 1st, 2020. These project owners stand a good chance of winning and can make a note of the dates for the trip to Brussels and will be informed of the jury’s decision as soon as possible.