Job Bridge Award – A competition that aims to promote projects and initiatives for validating learning outcomes in volunteering
Submit your project and win a trip to Brussels!
We are looking for innovative initiatives and activities that promote the development of competences in a new way. We are explicitly looking for practical cases or novel ideas on how learning outcomes and competence development within volunteering can be assessed and documented.
Hence the JOB BRIDGE-prize is an award given to the most innovative and promising European initiatives and projects that:
- Send and/or host volunteers in their organisation;
- Focus on enhancing the learning dimension of volunteering work in Europe;
- Reflect on/consider ways of measuring and documenting volunteers’ development in relation to competences.
Who can participate?
The competition is targeted towards individuals, companies, public or private entities, professional groups, NGOs, civil society organisations, social partners, professionals and researchers.
Participants must live in one of the following countries: 27 Member States of the European Union, UK, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey.
How to participate?
On-going or completed case studies, initiatives or projects can enter the competition. For this purpose, please proceed as follows:
The six steps to Brussels*:
- Read the information on this page
- Click on submit to land on the submission page
- Fill in the form (you can get a Submission_Form_Preview)
- If applicable, upload file
- Maybe win?
*Please note that due to current restrictions we cannot guarantee that the trip can actually take place. We will inform you of any changes in due course. No claim to the trip exists!
Please read carefully the FAQ section.
When is the closing date?
The competition entries are to be presented by 15th September 2020.
And the Awards goes to …
The contributions will be evaluated by an independent jury according to the following criteria:
- Innovation: Original solutions to enhance the learning dimension of volunteering work;
- Evaluation/Validation: The way learning outcomes are assessed and evidenced;
- Impact: Potential and actual effect on volunteering organisations or hosting organisations, volunteers, learning context and the society in general;
- Sustainability: Continuation of this innovation;
- Transferability: Potential use of the innovation in other contexts.
Award ceremony in Brussels, Belgium
The winners will be invited to present their project at the conference* which will be held on Tuesday 3rd November, 2020, in Brussels with an international audience.
The prize includes travel, accommodation and subsistence for a 2-day trip to Brussels. The winners will have the opportunity to present their project or case study during the final conference attended by experts, relevant institutions and personalities in the field. They will also receive a certificate and benefit from Europe-wide distribution in a dedicated newsletter and on our website.
We are looking forward to your contributions and wish you the best of luck!
Your JOB BRIDGE-project team