Job Bridge Award – A competition that aims to promote projects and initiatives for validating learning outcomes in volunteering
Submit your project and win a trip to Brussels*
We are looking for innovative initiatives and activities that promote the development of competences in a new way. We are explicitly looking for practical cases or novel ideas on how learning outcomes and competence development within volunteering can be assessed and documented.
Hence the JOB BRIDGE-prize is an award given to the most innovative and promising European initiatives and projects that:
- Send and/or host volunteers in their organisation;
- Focus on enhancing the learning dimension of volunteering work in Europe;
- Reflect on/consider ways of measuring and documenting volunteers’ development in relation to competences.
Who can participate?
The competition is targeted towards individuals, companies, public or private entities, professional groups, NGOs, civil society organisations, social partners, professionals and researchers.
How to participate?
On-going or completed case studies, initiatives or projects can enter the competition. For this purpose, please proceed as follows:
The six steps to Brussels*:
- Read the information on this page
- Click on submit to land on the submission page
- Fill in the form (you can get a Submission_Form_Preview)
- If applicable, upload file
- Maybe win?
*Please note that due to current restrictions we cannot guarantee that the trip can actually take place. We will inform you of any changes in due course. No claim to the trip exists!
Please read carefully the FAQ section.
When is the closing date?
The competition entries are to be presented by 15th November 2020.
And the Awards goes to …
The contributions will be evaluated by an independent jury according to the following criteria:
- Innovation: Original solutions to enhance the learning dimension of volunteering work;
- Evaluation/Validation: The way learning outcomes are assessed and evidenced;
- Impact: Potential and actual effect on volunteering organisations or hosting organisations, volunteers, learning context and the society in general;
- Sustainability: Continuation of this innovation;
- Transferability: Potential use of the innovation in other contexts.
The winners will be invited to present their project at the virtual conference which will be held on 10.12.20 with an international audience.
The original plan was to invite the winners to our final event in Brussels – but due to the pandemic this is not feasible. Winners will get an alternative prize. They will also receive a certificate and benefit from Europe-wide distribution in a dedicated newsletter and on our website.
We are looking forward to your contributions and wish you the best of luck!
Your JOB BRIDGE-project team